We’re very fortunate to have Professor Prem Jain from Georgetown’s McDonough Business School in Shanghai on Tuesday, June 29. Professor Jain is traveling through China in part to promote his new book, “Buffett Beyond Value: Why Warren Buffett Looks to Growth and Management When Investing“. In his book, Professor Jain looks at how Buffett’s strategy is often viewed as being deep value, but in reality, Buffett uses several sophisticated criteria behind his investment decisions.
Professor Jain will be giving a short talk for Georgetown alumni. .
Date: Tuesday, June 29
Time: 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Alumni Lorena Valencia has kindly volunteered to host the event.
If you’re interested in attending, please send a short message to gtownchina(at) gmail(dot)com so we can get an idea of headcount.
Proefessor Jain’s book covers:
- How to build a diverse and profitable portfolio the Warren Buffett way
- Why successful investors need an appropriate psychological temperament
- Buffett’s thoughts on market efficiency and how to incorporate them into investment decision making
- How issues related to profitability and accounting can provide a perspective that is uncommon in investing circles
- Why Buffett thinks differently from others about portfolio diversification, corporate governance, and much more